The Official Pegaxy (Pegasus Galaxy) White Paper. Last Updated May 2023
Pegaxy is a play-to-earn PVP style horse racing game where players compete for top placement against 7 other racers. Each race has randomised elemental variables which include wind, water, fire, speed and more. Using strategic upgrades, food and skill, players must place in the top placements to earn the platforms utility token, VIS (Vigorus).
Within the game, players are able to upgrade, merge, sell, and of course race their Pega to earn VIS tokens and other in-game rewards. This system has proven to be a sound long-term economic approach when building an NFT/Blockchain based game as it enables teams to build large guilds, scholarship programs, and even provides solo players the opportunity to earn in game tokens through daily racing.
The initial sale of 5,000 Founding Pega was held in October 2021, alongside the PGX launch via IDO in November. The first 5,000 Pega were dubbed "Founding" Pega as they were the only ones created by the Pegaxy Development team. Every Pega after #5,000 has been minted (created) through the previous breeding model inside the game.
Pegaxy is well respected within the industry for its innovation in on chain technology and well weighted economic balance. Many also attribute its popularity to the gameplay, team transparency and community involvement during the development process.
Owners can earn by:
- Racing their Pega in PVP mode.
- Selling high performing Pega on the Marketplace.
- Collecting rare NFT Pega and reselling through marketplace price speculation.
- Participation in Leaderboard Tournaments
- The Pegaxy Metaverse is built on the Polygon/Matic Layer 2 Solution and utilises the dual token economic model initially introduced by Axie Infinity in late 2020. The governance token is PGX (Pegaxy Stone) and, as mentioned, the utility token is VIS (Vigorus).
- The game was released in 2D and transitioned to 3D once testing was complete, and will expand further once compatibility with low-end android devices is confirmed.
- Mobile gameplay is the primary focus of racing development.
- Enabling large scale programs and guild growth through the in-game economic model is at the forefront of importance. This creates widespread opportunity for those wanting to access the game for free. This aligns heavily with our team ethos.
- Through community involvement and eventual governance, the Pegaxy game direction and development will be dictated by the players.
Through strategic development and community insights, Pegaxy aims to become the home of horse racing in the Metaverse, while simultaneously providing an ecosystem where users are able to play, socialise and work in the same space.